Every district has its own set of unique assets and challenges. The Chamber created its district business councils to facilitate dialogue and action among members of each district’s business community. Currently, the District 1 Business Council – the first of several councils to be launched – is providing businesses with opportunities to learn how to do business with the City of Gainesville, University of Florida and other community partners.
District 1 Business Council
The Chamber commissioned its first District Business Council in August 2016. District Business Councils focus on the unique assets and challenges within each City of Gainesville-designated district. The Councils strive to enhance economic activity and opportunity where businesses operate through collaboration in areas such as economic development, capital investment, business growth, leadership development and image enhancement.
Commissioner, City of Gainesville District 1
Owner, Reggae Shack Cafe, Southern Charm Kitchen and The Twisted Peacock
District 1 Business Council Members
- Jack Ryals - Jackson Stoneworks
- Stephanie Bailes - Cade Museum for Creativity & Innovation
- Bill Dorman - GTEC
- Kyle Gold - Alter Ego Fitness
- T Rodney Long - African American Accountability Allian
- Terri Lowery - Jones, Edmunds & Associates, Inc.
- Kurt Morauer - Targeted Training Solutions
- Mike Powell - Mike Powell and Associates, LLC
- Scorpio Mosely - Humana MarketPOINT
- Scott Schroeder - Liquid Creative Studio
- Tyler Ryals - Jackson Stoneworks
- Shariq Siraj - StorterChilds Printing Company
- Joel Islam - Florida Food Service, Inc.
- Tom Smith - W.W. Gay Mechanical Contractor
- Virginia Grant - Gainesville Black Professionals
- Michael Beard - Gainesville Community Redevelopment Agency
- Nathaniel Hall - NFashion & Kutz Barbershop
- Pamela Davis - Gainesville Housing Authority
For more information about the District 1 Business Council and how you can get involved, please contact Ian Fletcher at firstname.lastname@example.org.