The Council for Economic Outreach (CEO) governs the activities of the Chamber’s Economic Development division and is the designated economic development entity for the Gainesville region.
The CEO oversees the region’s business attraction and expansion efforts, which are executed in accordance with the Transforming Greater Gainesville Five-Year Economic Development Strategy. CEO staff also maintain industry relations with businesses in key sectors, which include Advanced Manufacturing, Software/IT, Life Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Advanced Materials & Biotechnology.
- Susan Davenport - President/CEO, Gainesville Area Chamber of Commerce and Council for Economic Outreach
- Thomas Clemens, CEcD - Gainesville Area Chamber of Commerce
- Kay Ayers - AvMed
- Jane Adams - University of Florida
- Nick Banks - Front Street Commercial Real Estate Group
- Jerry Benton - Campus USA
- Harbin Bolton - Cox Business (FL/GA)
- Rory Causseaux - CHW
- James J. Kelly, Jr., CPA - UF Health Shands Hospital
- Jackson N. Sasser, PhD - Santa Fe College
- Brian Scarborough - Scarborough Insurance
- Greg Schultz - MindTree
- Jenna S. White - Enterprise Holdings
- Gary Ascani - Nanotherapeutics
- Bryan Harrington - Trimark Properties
- J. Parrish - Coldwell Banker M.M. Parrish Realtors
Members of the CEO Council–and all of its sub councils including Innovation Gainesville 2.0 and the Industry Councils–invest in its economic development activities in order to serve on the Council. If you are interested in getting involved, contact Vice President of Economic Development Thomas Clemens at firstname.lastname@example.org.