Seminar: New Fair Labor Standards Act & Overtime Changes IssuedAugust 9th, 2016 by gainesvillechamber
Contractors or Employees • Exempt versus Nonexempt
Friday, August 19, 2016
Registration – 8:30 am. Presentation – 9:00 – 11:00 a.m.
Best Western Gateway Grand
4200 N.W. 97th Boulevard Gainesville, FL 32606
The Fair Labor Standards Act and Overtime changes issued recently may have major implications for your organization, and could impact your bottom line. Do you know what it will cost you in additional pay and overtime? Are you prepared to be audited if you have Independent Contractors?
Suggested pay rates will more than double for some employees, budgets will rise across the board as costs rise, and exemption categories are being inspected closely. Join us to learn about potential alternatives to these changes; make sure you’re in compliance NOW and plan for tomorrow.
Learn about the FLSA changes recently issued that take effect December 1, 2016, including:
- Employees earning less than $47,476 per year must receive time-and-a-half pay for hours worked beyond 40 hours a week
- Strategies for complying with the new requirements
- Formulas for adjusting Salary/Hourly Rates
- Communication techniques for discussing these changes
- with employees
- Determining whether workers are Independent
Register is required by Wednesday, Aug. 17. Contact Vicki Griffis Roy at email@example.com or 904/520.6958. For more information, click here.