Business in Greater Gainesville Hosts the 2016 Fierce AwardsJuly 9th, 2016 by gainesvillechamber
Business in Greater Gainesville Magazine hosted The 2016 Fierce Awards at the University of Florida’s Emerson Alumni Hall on June 30 at 6 p.m. Friends, family, colleagues and sponsors gathered to applaud 18 influential women of Greater Gainesville for their contributions to the workplace and our community.
“My biggest goal, both professionally and personally, is to be a blessing to others,” said winner Yvette Carter. “In fact, the opportunity to be of service to our community is what drives me to get up in the morning and be fierce!”
The magazine was pleased to recognize the following winners:
- Arpita Oselimo, Reggae Shack Café, Southern Charm Kitchen, The Twisted Peacock
- Bobbie Robinson, R.E. Robinson Remodeling and Custom Builder
- Brenda McDowell, Florida Credit Union
- Carlee Marhefka, Eat the 80
- Dana Nemenyi, UF Health
- Debbie Lee, Gainesville Health & Fitness
- Debby Kinman-Ford, B’nai Israel Community Day School
- Holly Anderson-Bender, Hilton University of Florida Conference Center
- Jamalee Montgomery, NUMA Speed LLC.
- JoAnn Wilkes, Focus on the Future
- Jonelle Toothman, NeXtGen Biologics Inc.
- Maureen Tartaglione, Cox Communications
- Melissa Curry, University of Florida
- Sandra Chance, The Brechner Center for Freedom of Information, UF College of Journalism and Communications
- Susan Davenport, Gainesville Area Chamber of Commerce/Council for Economic Outreach
- Susan McQuillan, Watson Realty Corp.
- Virginia MacKoul, Front Street Commercial Real Estate Group
- Yvette Carter, Gainesville Regional Utilities
As part of the ceremony Scott Costello, publisher of Business in Greater Gainesville, and Tim Treweek, founder of Treweek Insurance Agency, expressed their appreciation and admiration of the winners.
“The Fierce Awards were created to showcase the individuals and businesses that make us proud to call Greater Gainesville our HOME. The 2015 winners nominated this diverse group of dedicated ladies whose fierce passion to both serve and lead are an inspiration to us all,” said Costello.
The July issue of Business in Greater Gainesville features The Fierce Awards special section, providing detailed headshots and descriptions of the winners. The magazine thanks all those who helped sponsor this year’s awards: Treweek Insurance Agency, neutral7, Florida Credit Union, Gainesville Health & Fitness, ShowGizmo, Gainesville Area Chamber of Commerce and Front Street Commercial Real Estate Group.