The I-75 Relief Task Force Wants to Hear from YouJune 14th, 2016 by gainesvillechamber
Members, you have an opportunity to weigh in on an effort that will shape our region for decades to come. In October of 2015, FDOT created the I-75 Relief Task Force to study the Tampa Bay to Northeast Florida transportation corridor and develop consensus recommendations to advise the department. The Task Force is charged with finding solutions that will:
* provide relief to I-75 for passengers and freight
* improve travel safety and reliability
* improve statewide and regional connectivity
* enhance economic development opportunities
The study area includes a wide swath of Alachua County. For details on the Task Force’s mission and a map of the study area, click here:
Select members of the 21-member Task Force include:
* The Honorable Charles Chestnut, Alachua County Board of County Commissioners
* The Honorable Matt Surrency, Mayor, City of Hawthorne
* Scott Koons, Executive Director, North Central Florida Regional Planning Council
* Jane Adams, Vice President for University Relations, University of Florida
* Thomas Hawkins, Policy Director, 1000 Friends of Florida
The Task Force held Public Meetings June 7, 8 and 9 around the region, with hundreds of citizens in attendance. The next meeting of the Task Force is scheduled for Friday, June 24th, and the Task Force is expected to deliver its recommendations on October 1. Make your voice heard by sending your comments to the Task Force members by Thursday, June 16.
For a pdf of the printed Public Comment Form, which includes a map of the study area, click here.
For the shorter online comment form, click here.
For more information on the I-75 Relief Task Force Study, visit: www.i75relief.com.