Updates from the Metropolitan Transportation Planning OrganizationMay 7th, 2016 by gainesvillechamber
The Metropolitan Transportation Planning Organization (MTPO) held its regular meeting Monday, May 2, 2016. MTPO staff provided an update of the Plan East Gainesville Subcommittee, and made five (5) amended recommendations, which were adopted unanimously. The Plan East Gainesville Subcommittee will meet before the next regular MTPO meeting, scheduled for June 27, to address the following recommendations:
- MTPO staff will identify completed and not-yet-completed action items from the Plan East Gainesville report (adopted in 2003).
- MTPO staff, with the commissions and the Gainesville Area Chamber of Commerce, will identify barriers to development in East Gainesville.
- MTPO staff, with the commissions and the Chamber, will jointly announce efforts underway on behalf of the Plan East Gainesville subcommittee.
- The subcommittee will partner with the University of Florida as UF develops its new strategic plan.
- At the June meeting of the Plan East Gainesville subcommittee, responsibility will transfer from the MTPO to a joint task force of the city and county commissions.