The Amazing Give 2016March 26th, 2016 by gainesvillechamber
For 24-hours between 6:00 p.m. Monday, May 2nd and 5:59 p.m. Tuesday, May 3, 2016, The Amazing Give will raise money for local nonprofits through a single online donation platform, providing an easy way to connect donors to the charitable causes they care about most and encourage them to take action.
One of the pillars of the Community Foundation of North Central Florida’s mission is to promote and sustain philanthropy among the communities of North Central Florida. This 24-hour online fundraising effort, hosted by the Community Foundation with the help of sponsors, will offer nonprofits the chance to raise funds to support their organizations.
The purpose of this community-wide giving challenge is to increase public awareness of the impact local nonprofits make in addressing our community’s challenges, bring nonprofits and donors together, and connect people to the causes that move them the most.
The goals of The Amazing Give are to:
- INVEST strategically in Alachua and surrounding county nonprofits
- PROMOTE and sustain philanthropy through collective impact
- LEVERAGE giving with matching funds and prize incentives
How It Works:
- Visit TheAmazingGive.org from your computer, smartphone or device.
- View the individual pages of our participating local organizations and learn about their impact on our community.
- Make a donation to the organizations that you feel inspired to support.
- Every participating organization has the opportunity to win a portion of the more than $25,000 raised in prize money to date. Your donation may help them secure a piece of that prize pool!
The Amazing Give Wrap Party will take place May 3rd beginning at 4:00 p.m. And will be hosted by Swamphead Brewery. We invite the community to join us as we count down the clock and celebrate this 24-hours of giving!
For more Information about this event, please contact the Community Foundation staff at (352) 367-0060 or via email at email@example.com.