Training and SeminarsJanuary 20th, 2010 by gainesvillechamber
- Short-term: Identify key organizations in the Gainesville area that currently utilize/deliver training and development services. Survey these groups to identify current and future training needs and identify possible conferences/symposia to attract to Gainesville
- Medium-term: Create a highly coordinated and well communicated calendar of training and development offerings that are targeted to specific needs of the local innovation and entrepreneurship committee.
- Long-term: Create a vibrant learning community for local entrepreneurs and innovators and establish Gainesville as a leading destination for holding world-class seminars, symposiums and conferences on innovation.
Organizational Home/Plan Champions
- Home: Chamber
- Champions: Chamber, Business, UF, SFC
- Leadership: Need for single Point of Contact for coordinating and clearly communicating all of the various training, workshop, seminar, symposium and conference events offered in the community (currently not well coordinated)
- Infrastructure: A high-tech conference/convention center and better transportation options for local airports
- T&D satisfaction levels among the target market
- Number of new Target Market people attracted to the area
- Number of new targeted symposiums/conferences brought to the area
Investment Requirement: Medium to High (depending on identified infrastructure needs; some time needs to be invested in coordinating existing programs)
Readiness: Low to Medium
Implementation Timeline: Near-term to Long-term